West Island School Parent Teachers Association Limited
Personal Information Collection Statement
Please take a moment to read the following Personal Information Collection Statement.
1. From time to time it is necessary for students, their parents/guardians and PTA staff members to supply the Parent Teacher Association (PTA), with certain personal data for various purposes including but not limited to:
a. PTA administration and operations;
b. academic and pastoral purposes;
c. statistical and research purposes;
d. alumni activities and
e. other PTA related purposes.
2. Personal data of staff members, students and their parents/guardians will be handled by relevant staff and PTA members and will be kept confidential.
3. The PTA may also disclose data to third parties such as agencies (including the Hong Kong government), service providers and contractors (whether within or outside Hong Kong) appointed by the PTA to undertake PTA activities. This includes sharing data with the PTA’s relevant school or an ESF or ESL school that a student may transfer into or participate with.
4. The PTA may use personal data (such as name and contact details) to send communications that are relevant to parents and students, including but not limited to newsletters, programmes, courses, seminars, lectures, conferences, events and extra-curricular activities, events and clubs of the PTA, ESF, ESL or selected third party service providers. An opportunity will be provided for data subjects to opt-in or opt-out of receiving materials from the PTA which may have a direct marketing component. In this regard ESF also acts as an agent for the PTA.
5. Apart from the parties and activities listed above, the PTA will not disclose any personal data to external bodies or organisations unless:
a. such disclosure is expressly provided for under this Statement;
b. permitted to do so by the student or his/her parent/guardian;
c. and/or permitted or required by law.
6. Personal data may be stored in the PTA or school database systems and online portals and any such personal data provided will form part of a parent’s, staff member’s or student’s official records (as relevant) at the PTA.
7. ESF or ESL may provide data to PTAs for inclusion in the PTA directory and other PTA activities. The PTA will also use data collected or received for creation of the PTA Directory and to conduct PTA activities. If you do not wish your details to be included in the PTA directory, please inform the relevant PTA, ESF or ESL school accordingly.
8. The PTA may place student’s and staff member’s photo and/or name in PTA website or publications.
9. In the event where a student already has a sibling in an ESF or ESL school, the PTA records of such sibling may be updated according to the data provided by another sibling student.
10. Failure to provide the data requested may result in the PTA being unable to proceed with the purpose for which such data was requested.
11. Data subjects may submit a signed, written request to the PTA office to access or to correct personal data held by PTA. The PTA shall levy a charge for accessing the information and respond to the request within thirty days.